Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Goodness.

Well, I have fallen off the face of the earth for a bit. It has been quite a busy week. :) I haven't much of an excuse for not blogging, though it is hard to get motivated when I'm not sure if anyone else is reading it. Sometimes I really just need that external motivation. I spent the weekend eating delicious Indian food with friends at Tandoori Grill in Boulder. Saturday was spent at a Children's Book class at CU Boulder. It was really inspiring. Kerry Lee MacLean taught it. I definitely feel like I have to be a writer now. That is my passion; it's what makes my heart sing. I just need to find a job to give me money while I work on my writing. We'll see how it goes and what I end up doing. I'll have to write more about my actual writing later. What I'm super excited about now is the newest Knitty! Sooooo many amazing patterns! I really think this might be one of their best issues ever! If only I had unlimited time, or if someone would just pay me to knit. That would be fantastic. I love this shrug. It is just so cute and chic. I'm not entirely sure that I could pull it off, but it looks like a quick knit. Really adorable. I also love this little sweater. Again, so super cute and chic. It is a fantastic sweater for both spring and fall, my two favorite seasons. This shawl and Wendy Knits' blog have me totally jonesing to make some shawls. Just too beautiful. I really love a good shawl, though I don't make many for myself, they are such satisfying knits. These legwarmers might just satisfy my ridiculous desire for some giant furry boots. I think that legwarmers paired with my ugg slippers sounds absolutely fabulous. I made a stole for my mother-in-law's ordination a couple of years ago using a pattern very similar to these socks, so I'm thoroughly intrigued and really want to make them. I love anything make with Koigu too. The yarn is just so beautiful. I love mitered patterns too; they are really fun to knit. And finally, this bag is utterly amazing. I love purses. (Like shoes they always fit) I made all of my bridesmaids felted purses for my wedding this summer and they turned out super cute, if I do say so myself. I love the delicacy of this bag. Really cute.
So... I haven't gotten much else done, besides drooling over new projects. Someday.... someday.
At any rate, we're doing out CSAP testing this week. It's completely exhausting and stressful. I can't wait for it to be over. Only a few more days. Well... until next time. Happy knitting and writing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...